There are many ways protect your business’s trade secrets and information, but it is essential to do it in a way that is legally binding.
On this episode, Amit Bindra from The Prinz Law Firm initiates our discussion on non-competes, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements. We examine different types of contracts and agreements, and how they could help you as a business owner protect trade secrets, both yours and those of your clients.
Amit practices employment law and does a lot of appellate work. His employment practice is focused towards non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and trade secrets. The Prinz Law Firm is located in Chicago, Illinois.
Click here to find more information on our website.
Protect Your Business’s Trade Secrets – Key Points
- Non-compete agreements and what they mean for an employee.
- Understanding non-solicits and what happens when an employee leaves a company.
- Confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements.
- Protecting trade-secrets and the laws that govern protection.
- The difference between a non-compete and a non-solicit.
- Overlaps in confidentiality and trade-secret agreements.
- The case of Jimmy John’s and how it relates to non-competes.
- About 14% of employees who make less than $40,000, are subject to a non-compete.
- Not all non-compete agreements are enforceable.
- What influences the duration of an agreement?
- Factors that determine whether a court will uphold or modify an agreement.
- Benefits of making employees sign an agreement.
- Write clauses in a way that ensures you get a favorable judgment in case of litigation.
- How long does employment have to be before an agreement becomes enforceable?
Whether you’re an employee or an employer, you will get a lot of information from this episode.
- The Prinz Law Firm
- Tales from around the Water Cooler
- Bindra, Recent Trends in Noncompete Laws Across the United States, American Bar Association (February 21, 2018)
If you have not checked out all of our free resources available to you. Click here for our site.
Here are some of our featured free resources.