Today we are going to continue our conversation with Ken Turnipseed of Whelchel & Carlton, LLP. In episode 105, Ken talked about determining the right corporate structure for your business and today we will dive into the nuts and bolts of your business structure. If you are unsure if terms like articles of organization and operating agreements apply to your business, you’ll find this episode especially helpful.
Ken provides representation to both business and individual clients, doing a lot of work in the areas of healthcare and small businesses, so we are happy to tap into his expertise and experience.
Click here to find more information on our website.
Your Business Structure – In this episode
- A new business has to meet the requirements of the State’s filing agency
- What are the Articles of Incorporation and how is it structured?
- What about articles of organization?
- Why your company needs bylaws
- The information that goes into company bylaws
- What is an operating agreement?
- Election of officials, meetings, and other essentials
- When starting out, business partners often neglect to prepare for a worst-case scenario
- Filing documents for a single-owner business
- Always get help from someone competent to handle the requirements of your jurisdiction
Tune in to find out more.
If you have not checked out all of our free resources available to you. Click here for our site.
Here are some of our featured free resources.