Not every business is super excited about collecting sales tax but if you sell online or are wondering about your obligations as a seller, this episode is a must-listen.
Derrick Winke from Wink Tax Services is with us once more, and he’ll be helping us get acquainted with the rules regarding sales tax. In his line of work, Derrick focuses primarily on tax returns for individuals and small businesses. Wink Tax Services, is located in Troy, just outside of Detroit, Michigan, and has clients on almost every continent as well as from most states.
Click here to find more information on our website.
Collecting sales Tax – Key Points
- What the law says about collecting sales tax.
- What happens if you manufacture products and then sell online.
- Understanding how you are affected by your physical location and your client’s physical location.
- Getting a sales tax license.
- How often do you need to file your returns?
- When your warehouse is not in the state where you operate from.
- Are you liable to pay sales tax if you sell on Amazon?
- The rules for startup companies.
- If you manufacture a product overseas, what are the rules?
- It is possible to save money by deducting certain items.
- When you have a license, you don’t always have to pay sales tax on items that you purchase locally.
- Some vendors will give you a wholesale account and sell to you without sales tax.
- Good bookkeeping and record keeping are very important.
We’re sure you will get a lot out of this episode.
If you have not checked out all of our free resources available to you. Click here for our site.
Here are some of our featured free resources.