Health Insurance Could Cost Less
So much has changed in the health insurance industry in the last couple of years. In this episode, Travis Gensler from Beacon Point is back to give us tips that could save your business money. Whether you have five employees or more, with the right information, you might find a better deal than what you currently have for you and your employees.
Travis has over 10 years’ experience in the industry. Beacon Point is an insurance firm located in Independence, Missouri, just outside of Kansas City.
Find out more about how to start your own business
Health Insurance – Key points
- The Health Care Reform Act has changed the rules on how health insurance is treated.
- The number of employees on your payroll should influence which insurance plan you select.
- The benefit of partially self-insured group health plans.
- You should review your healthcare plan every year because of regulatory changes.
- A business’s location might affect the cost of premiums.
- Reduce your annual premiums by getting a health savings account plan (HSA).
- Work with your insurance broker to find an option that is the best fit for both the employee and the company.
- There are things outside regular health insurance that you can pay for out of your HSA.
- People that are willing to plan and look long-term can make the most of savings plans.
- Rather than be restricted to options from one company, work with an independent agent or broker.
- Ask your agent or broker what technical training they have done in the recent past.
Find out how you could potentially save thousands of dollars annually.
Links and Contact Information
Here are some of our featured free resources.